Founded in 1983 as an independent, non-profit 501(c)(3)organization the mission of the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) is to improve the quality of automotive technician training programs nationwide at secondary and post-secondary, public and proprietary schools. To accomplish this mission NATEF examines the structure, resources and quality of training programs and evaluates them against standards established by the industry. These standards reflect the skills that students must master to be successful in the industry.
NATEF also works with students to increase career awareness opportunities in the automotive repair industry.
Benefits of Accreditation
Accreditation of an automotive training program brings with it program credibility, prestige, recognition, and overall program improvement. By ensuring training programs meet the highest standards, NATEF accreditation benefits everyone from schools, students and future employers, to the automotive service industry and everyone driving on our nation’s roads.
- Increases potential for funding from public and corporate sources
- Identifies program excellence to draw more students to the school
- Provides a way for students to identify quality schools and programs
- Provides assurance of a higher quality education
- Increases potential to secure a solid career after graduation
- Ensures a pool of highly trained entry-level technicians
- Connects employers with schools who have quality graduates
Automotive Service Industry Benefits
- Encourages more respect for automotive service professions
- Increases the level of professionalism in the industry
Dixie Automotive Program Accreditation and Representation Documents